Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. I use this for my CIS 3050 class. It is amazing what you can do on the Internet.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Second Life

Second Life is pretty cool. It is 3-D and virtual. It enables you to teleport within seconds to some of the most visited places in the world. The first place I decide to visit and found interesting was the Arc de Triomphe. This was an awesome experience for me because I have always wanted to go to Paris and visit historical sites, but I will probably never get the chance. The Arc looked almost the same as it would it real life except animated which was awesome since I got to do it for free and within seconds. As I was walking around, there was French music playing in the background that made it feel real and authentic. I really liked the music and realized I like French music. Something I learned from Second Life about the Arc de Triomphe is that there is a plaque and flag in the center underneath the actual arc. It was pretty cool. I really liked that I could fly around it and go to the top! The second place I decided to visit was Long Island, New York! It was night and the stars were shining! It was absolutely beautiful. Walking around I could visit the Info Center and see all of the ocean front houses. The houses were so big and gorgeous. All of the trees and green grass was beautiful as well. While I was walking there was classical music playing. It was relaxing and gave me a calming, happy mood to enjoy walking under the stars. After visiting these two amazing places, my experience with Second Life was awesome. It is amazing how technology allows things like this. It was entertaining and fun. It was a good way to travel all over the United States and even the world within seconds and for free. I will definitely be using Second Life. It was a great experience. Below are the snapshots from my experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment